Take a quick break with us to check out these crazy facts about your favorite artists this week!
- Salvador Dali made a painting for the prisoners at Rikers Island in NYC that hung in the prisoner dining room for 15 years. In 2003, three prison guards and a warden stole the painting.
- Monet's father wanted him to be a grocer. He disapproved of Monet's painting,
- In 2011, James Franco created “The Museum of Non-visible Art,” where the works of art don't actually exist, but are instead imagined by the artist. A woman paid $10,000 for a non-visible piece called “Fresh Air”.
- Georges Braque was the first living person to have art displayed in Louvre.
- Peter Paul Rubens was knighted by both Philip IV, King of Spain, and Charles I, King of England.